AGUAS ARRIBA LODGE: TERMS & CONDITIONS
The season 2021/2022 begins on November 1st 2021 and ends on March 31st , 2022
Mid Season: November 01st to December 22nd 2021; February 15th to March 31st, 2022.
High Season: January 07 to February 14, 2022.
Festive Season: December 23rd 2021 to January 06, 2022 ( inclusive)
- Fitz Roy: Two corner Premium Suites southwest oriented, with spectacular views of Mt. Fitz Roy towards the north, and the Vespignani glacier & Lago del Desierto towards the west. One room is located on the upper floor, the other one on the main floor, next to the living room.
- Glacier: Three front-lake view Premium suites located on the first floor of the lodge, west oriented, with stunning views of the Lago del Desierto and Vespignani Glacier.
All bedrooms could be set as double or twin. Two of the Glacier Suites could be set as triple rooms. The lodge’s full capacity is 12 beds.
ALL RATES ARE FULL BOARD (ACCOMMODATION & BREAKFAST + OTHER SERVICES). THEY INCLUDE 21% VAT DISCOUNT ON “ACCOMMODATION & BREAKFAST” FOR THOSE FOREIGN GUESTS FULFILLING REQUIREMENTS OF ACT 1043. THEY DO NOT INCLUDE 21% VAT ON “OTHER SERVICES”.
-Minimum stay required: 3 nights.
-Rates expressed in American dollars, per person per night and subject to change without previous notice.
Reservations between December 23rd2021 & January 06th 2022 are NON REFUNDABLE.
PAYMENT METHOD: Rates are expressed in American dollars. Payments should be done in cash or with credit card in American dollars, and are subject to charges generated by the transaction. An authorization form for credit card payments will be sent to fill out, sign and return to email@example.com
* As of January 2017, 21% VAT will no longer be charged when booking a hotel room inclusive of breakfast. Decreto 1.043/2016.
• Be a tourist with permanent residence outside of Argentina.
• Provide copy of the passport when confirming reservation. At check in show Passport stamped at country port of entry. For neighboring countries, the foreign identity document and proof of migration are also required.
• Pay by international wire transfer, or credit/debit card not issued in Argentina.
• The stay in the country should not exceed 90 days.
• In case of no show or late cancellation, 21% VAT will be added to the penalty fee.
• Travel agencies must send file registration number and link with authorization expedited by Argentine Ministry of Tourism. Travelers documents are also required when confirming reservation.
• It is exclusive responsibility of travel agencies to verify that payment is originated abroad.
• Accommodation with breakfast.
• Lunch, picnic and dinner. Non alcoholic beverages. Cold cuts, sandwiches, cakes. Coffee & tea offered all day.
• Lunch box on check out to enjoy during transfer.
• Lunch boxes, picnics during lunch on full day activities.
• Boat navigation from/to Lago del Desierto – South Point (15’ boat ride along the East shore). Navigation to visit lodge’s surroundings.
• Daily trekking activities joined by our guides and programmed by Aguas Arriba Lodge in coordination with guests, depending on daily options based on difficulty, time and preferences.
• Yoga lessons and meditation in the domo in the forest.
• Fly fishing for experienced fishermen to different spots on Lago del Desierto, with our boat.
• Entrance fees to private properties (Huemul & Vespignani Glacier)
Rates do not include:
• Alcoholic beverages.
• Land Transfers from/to El Calafate or El Chaltén.
• 21% VAT.
• Additional activities.
• Medical insurance.
• Trekking private guide. Should a private guide wish to be hired, please request in advance. USD 180+ TAX NET per day.
• Fly fishing private guide, fishing lessons: USD 200 per guest, per full day and USD 155 per guest per half day. NET rates. For half day fly fishing excursions a minimum of 2 guests is required.
• Fishing license.
• Fly fishing equipment rental, waders, USD 105+TAX per person, per stay.
• Fishing in Río de las Vueltas, Chinook Salmon, etc.
• Gratuities, bar & extras.
• Other activities that may be hired such as horse-back riding, bike rental, expeditions with Mountain Guides, Porters, kayaking, Camping nights, etc.
• Accommodation and full board for private guides provided by travel agencies.
IN / OUT FROM SOUTH POINT Lake transport
Accessing the lodge is either by boat or by foot. There are two boats, both have capacity for 8 passengers + luggage. One has a small cabin; the other one is open. The schedule for pick-ups at South point, and for returns from the Lodge to South point will always be coordinated and confirmed during your booking.
Please remember there is no communication between the South Point of the Lake and the Lodge, so it is very important to comply with the programmed check in & out times. Please note that the boat cannot navigate at night. Arrival and departure in lake transportation should be with daylight. In November and March, if taking a flight on check out date, its departing time should be from 03.00 PM due to the distance to the airport. In December, January and February, it should be from 01.00 PM. Please contact the lodge for any doubts with flights times.
In case of being late, please call us before leaving El Calafate or El Chaltén to coordinate the new arrival time, as there is no mobile phone coverage in the area.
Notes: We recommend to take the earliest flight on your check in date. If you are planning to take a flight on your check out date we highly recommend to schedule it in the late afternoon / evening in order to avoid any delay that weather might cause.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES RATES
- GUIDES: Guides provided by travel agencies who join our guests are USD 105+TAX NET, per person, per night. They must bring their sleeping bag and towel along. They will be accommodated and provided with full board at the staff´s cabin. Should they wish to be accommodated in a lodge´s room, regular rates will apply.
- FISHING LICENSE: If guests are interested in fly fishing it is important to notify us during your booking as licenses must be requested in advance. Please inquire about prices.
- FISHING GUIDE & EQUIPMENT RENTAL: For beginners, a personal fishing Guide should be hired to join you throughout the day: USD 200 per guest per full day and USD 155 per guest, per half day.
For half day fly fishing excursions a minimum of 2 guests is required. Please request in advance. Subject to availability.
- PRIVATE TREKKING GUIDE: Private guides provided by Aguas Arriba are USD 180+ TAX NET per day, per reservation. Specialized guides ( birdwatching, geology etc) USD 350+TAX NET per day, per reservation. Should a private guide wish to be hired, please request in advance. Subject to availability.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT POLICY:
CHECK-IN: 3pm CHECK-OUT: 10am
Bedrooms must be released at this time. Guests are welcome to enjoy the Lodges facilities until 12.00 PM as the latest in order to comply with COVID 19 sanitary protocols. Latest boat departure time from the lodge to Punta Sur on check out date is 12.00 PM
MINORS POLICIES: Due to geographical location and security issues only 12 + years old children are allowed.
RESERVATION AND PAYMENT POLICY
It is mandatory to make the reservation prior to arrival date at the lodge as there is no communication coverage from Punta Sur of Lago del Desierto.
In order to confirm the reservation, a 30% deposit of the total amount should be paid within 7 days of reservation confirmation. The balance due should be paid 30 days prior to check in dat.
Wire transfers from abroad are not accepted.
Reservations and/or changes must be requested in writing, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservations requested by telephone will not be considered as confirmed.
Reservations made within the 30 days of arrival date require full payment at time of booking to be considered as confirmed.
DUE TO TECHNICAL REASONS, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO MAKE PAYMENTS BY WIRE TRANSFERS FRO THE LODGE. THERE IS NO CELLPHONE COVERAGE TO RECEIVE TOKEN OR TRANSACTION CODES OR AUTHENTICITY VALIDATION.
Rates expressed in this contract are NON REFUNDABLE.
Partial and/ or total credits will not be granted for services not utilized ( meals, excursions, or other activities) for any reason not related to Aguas Arriba.
Cancellations requests should be placed in writing by email to email@example.com
Cancellations made until 60 days prior to check in date will not have any cancellation penalties, except for the bank or accounting expenses originated by the payment method utilized. Payments made will be applied as a credit for a future reservation.
If any cancellation penalties apply, the 21% TAX in the total amount should be added.
In case of cancellation of services already paid, amounts received by Aguas Arriba will be assigned as a credit for a future reservation. The credit will be applied in the same number of roomnights, number of guests, room category and season as the reservation cancelled.
As per the above mentioned, it is stated that payments made are NON REFUNDABLE.
For cancellations, the following penalty charges will apply:
59 – 31 days prior to arrival date: a 30% cancellation fee of the total amount of the reservation will be applied.
30 – 15 days prior to arrival date: a 75% cancellation fee of the total amount of the reservation will be applied.
14 days and the arrival date: a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount of the reservation will be applied.
Groups that book the lodge as a buyout ( 5 rooms, 12 guests maximum and from the same family or trip) will be quoted individually with their own payment and cancellation policies. Please contact us.
Reservations between December 23rd 2021 & January 06th 2022 are NON REFUNDABLE.
AGUAS ARRIBA LODGE has the right to modify or cancel all reservations if needed, in case of force majeure, such as, but not limited to: natural disaster consequences caused by rivers, volcanoes, continental ice and glaciers in its location, acts that might take place in Argentina or the rest of the world and that might affect the hotel’s normal operation or guests’ arrival to it: earthquakes, acts of terrorism, strikes, pandemics, riots. In case Aguas Arriba might consider necessary to cancel the reservations or if guests’ arrival is not feasible, this act would not oblige the property to totally or partially refund the amounts paid. In this cases, reservations paid will be assigned as a credit for a future reservation for the next season. The credit will be applied in the same number of roomnights, number of guests, room category and season as the reservation cancelled due to force majeure causes.
ALTERATIONS OR MODIFICATIONS CAUSED BY FORCE MAJEURE OR COVID EMERGENCY
- AGUAS ARRIBA has the right, due to technical or operational reasons, to totally or partially alter the daily ordering and/ or services that complement the stay, before or during it. 2) Unless otherwise expressly stated, the stipulated accommodation could be changed by another one of the same or a higher category within the same urban area without any extra charge for the guest. With regards to this changes, the guests will not be entitled to any indemnization. 3) AGUAS ARRIBA could override any activity applying by analogy the circumstances foreseen in the article 24 of decree N° 2182/72. 4) Once stay begins, the suspension, modification or interruption of services caused by the client by his/ her personal reasons of any nature, will not entitle him/her to any claim or refund.
Amounts paid as deposits or total payments for reservations are NON REFUNDABLE.
In case the pandemic of COVID-19 stays or returns in Argentina or the rest of the world making unable the hotel’s operation or the arrival of guests at Aguas Arriba Lodge, reservations will be rescheduled, subject to availability, and will be applied as a credit for a future stay for the next season in the same number of roomnights, number of guests, room category and season as the reservation cancelled.
We invite you to discover this unrevealed Patagonia scenery! Trekking around forests, river creeks, wetlands, glaciers; fly-fishing trips, and a warm nest to recompose their self.
Once you reach the lodge, our Host will advise you on which activity would be best. Together host and guests will plan the schedule. Remember these programs will vary depending on the weather conditions. Andean areas may have four seasons in one day! You might leave the lodge with sun, and come back with rain! We strongly recommend coming prepared with adequate clothing. Every night our host will inform the previewed plan for the next day.
The trekkings may range from 1 to 8 hours. They are low and medium level of difficulty as they do not present many ups and downs. In the longest outings, a lunch box is provided. In some cases, trekkings might be combined with boar transportation. This will be decided by the guide in situ.
Within the activities options we can enjoy:
Private trekkings with guides from Aguas Arriba Lodge from 1 to 12 hours duration.
Selfguided trekkings in the lodge’s surroundings, in the National Park Los Glaciares and in Los Huemules Reserve.
High Mountain trekkings with specialized guides hired by the guest. The coordination is done from the lodge. Mountain climbing, rock climbing, ice trekkings on the Crestón glacier with special equipment, trekking and Via Ferrata on the Gagliero Glacier. These activities are not included within the lodge’s programmed activities
Beside the activities proposed for each day by the guide and included in the rates, depending on each guest’s interests and time available, other extra activities such as kayak and horseback riding could be requested at an additional charge. They should be required in advance and are subject to availability.
They will be booked through the authorized local agencies.
Please request list of activities in the National Park, private natural reserves and within the property.
Please inform the owners should you have any physical disability.
Another great attraction of our lodge! Depending on the prevailing winds one may access different beaches and spend endless hours in peaceful solitude casting away, while enjoying the fabulous scenery with incredible views to the Vespignani glacier and Fitz Roy, surrounded by plenty of trees, a pure Nothofagus forest. The average trout size ranges between 1-2 kg, rainbow and brown trouts.
For beginners, a private guide to take fishing lessons should be hired. USD 200 per guest per full day and USD 155 per guest per half day. For half day fly fishing excursions, a minimum of 2 guests is required. When hiring a fishing guide, boots, waders and fishing equipment rental are included. Private guide should be requested in advance and is subject to availability.
If you are an experienced fisherman, already have your equipment and wish to enjoy this experience in solitude, the only additional cost would be the fishing license: Please inquire about prices for 2020-2021 season, which might change without previous notice. If taking your own fishing equipment, it should be disinfected to avoid the Dydimo. If rental equipment is needed we can provide it at the lodge at USD 40+TAX per guest per stay.
All fishing in this area is catch & release. Only one piece per fisherman per day is allowed. Another fantastic and well-recommended activity is Chinooks Salmons fishing along the Rio Toro; they stream up the river from mid February till mid March. An extra charge will apply.
FACILITIES & SERVICES. TIME TO RELAX
Nothing better than coming back to a warm fireplace after a marvelous day of Patagonia-adventure! Say goodbye to coats, shoes, mud; welcome some warm socks and find your special corner to relax and feel at home. The lodge offers different rooms to relax:
• Main Living room with a stone-built fireplace, viewing towards the Lake, Vespignani Glacier, Mt Fitz Roy and the forest.
• Reception & Bar. A complimentary tray with hot tea and coffee & a fine selection of alcoholic beverages specified on our menu with their detailed prices.
• Upper floor living room, with views towards the lake, Fitz Roy, Vespignani glacier and the forest.
• Dining room viewing the Lake.
• Deck overlooking the lake.
• Reading room with comfortable armchairs with views to the lake and Vespignani Glacier.
We offer our guests a variety of board games, books, maps and a good selection of music.
To know before planning your stay:
• Heat system and hot water works according to an established schedule due to the ecofriendly status of the lodge.
• Electricity, with power restrictions during the night.
• No cell phone signal.
• Telephone line.
• Cable Internet available with one computer for guests use.
• Wifi available 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon, to be scheduled in house.
• Hair dryer only available at the Reception for technical reasons.
HOW TO GET TO THE LODGE (South point of Lago del Desierto)
Coordinates S 49° 02 ‘ 54.08” – W 72° 51’ 55.30”
By Air & Land:
The most direct and recommended way to get to the lodge is flying into El Calafate airport from Buenos Aires – 4 hr flight. El Calafate is 255km away from the Lodge – 4 hours (3hr on pavement road and 1hr on gravel road).
A daily regular bus departs from Calafate to El Chaltén ( 3 hours ride).From El Chaltén a regular or private shuttle must be hired to reach Lago del Desierto. We are 37 km away, driving along the provincial route n023, a gravel road that borders the River de Las Vueltas. (2 hours ride)
From Calafate, head north along the National Route n040. ( 1 hour to Provincial Route 23 to El Chalten)
From this intersection (National Route 40 with Provincial Route 23) turn west towards El Chaltén – 94 km (1hour) Once arriving to El Chaltén, continue heading north along the Provincial Route n023; a gravel road that borders the Rio de Las Vueltas. It is a 37 km drive (approximately 1.5hr) up to the south point of the Lago del Desierto, where we will be waiting for you. To access the lodge from this point you can either choose between the 15’ boat ride or the 2-3hr walk.
Please remember to notify during your booking if you wish to access by foot!
Full day hikes within Los Glaciares National Park , located 15 km away from Aguas Arriba, or within Los Huemules Reserve are also accessible. A roundtrip private transfer should be hired to/ from the
starting point. We recommend to do these hikes when staying 3 nights or more at Aguas Arriba. Renting a car is also a convenient option to visit the neighbour properties around.
WITHIN THE NATIONAL PARK
• LAGUNA DE LOS TRES –AGUAS ARRIBA 6 HS
• LAGUNA DE LOS TRES- EL CHALTEN- AGUAS ARRIBA – 8 HS
• LAGUNA DE LOS TRES- LAGUNA MADRE E HIJA- LAGUNA TORRE- EL CHALTEN – AGUAS ARRIBA- 10 HS
• LOMA DEL PLIEGUE TUMBADO – EL CHALTEN AGUAS ARRIBA – 8 HS
WITHIN ESTANCIA LOS HUEMULES
• LAGUNA AZUL- 1 HR
• LAGUNA AZUL – LAGUNA VERDE- RIO ELECTRICO – MIRADOR RIO ELECTRICO- 6 HS
• REFUGIO GLACIAR CAGLIERO- 6 HS • MINITREKKING GLACIAR CAGLIERO 6 HS.
Aguas Arriba Lodge is an excellent complement for other destinations in the area: Torres del Paine, El Calafate, El Chaltén, Villa O’Higgins. We are located in an unexplored & secluded area that offers new trekking alternatives of barely stepped-on trails, where we guarantee you will not bump into other trekkers. Our lodge is a great starting point to long-treks that may last many days & will imply sleeping out in shelters that are located in the area.
These technical outings will require hiring specialized Guides & Agencies that will provide camping equipment and porters.
Please contact us if interested. Activities may be specifically planned upon personal requests (*) Some possible treks and activities starting off at Aguas Arriba Lodge include:
• Trekking to Rio Diablo Refugee-shelter. 1-2 camping nights.
• Navigation to O’Higgins Glacier, Chile. 2 camping nights.
• Hike to Laguna Pate Valley. 1 camping night.
• Horseback riding.
• Guided fishing tours for Chinooks Salmons.
• Mountain Bike along the river de Las Vueltas.
• Kayaking (seat-on-top) along the river de Las Vueltas.
For guests whose destination is Chile, another feasible option is crossing over up to Candelario Mansilla and Villa O’Higgins, enjoying the navigation throughout the Lago San Martin/O’Higgins.
(*) Rates of each activity will vary depending on number of passengers, porters, food, equipment, etc.
WEATHER & RECOMMENDATIONS
Weather in the Andean mountains is constantly changing. Its strong prevailing winds at times bring four seasons in one day: sun, rain, sometimes even snow! During summer (December to March) temperatures vary between 5-250C. In spring & fall (October, November, April) temperatures decrease to 0-150C. We recommend dressing in layers and advise to pack both warm and cool clothes.
We suggest you bring along:
• Waterproof-windstopper jacket Shorts and t-shirts
• Wool, polypropylene sweater or Sunblock
• Waterproof pants Day pack
• Hiking boots or shoes Personal belongings (medicines, sanitary products, toothpaste)
• Thermal underwear
• Gloves, beanie, scarf